Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

10.16.2008

Sweet!

The throw top is pieced together, and has been pinned to the batting and backing. Next up, quilting this sucker. I will probably do the big pieces on my sewing machine (or at least start) tomorrow, and finish on my mom's next week. My machine, bless it's little mechanical workings, is on the kitchen table, and bounces like a mofo at any speed faster than "creep." So most stuff is like sewing in an earthquake. Not cool, man. Not cool.

A picture will come eventually, but it did turn out nice, in pinks and browns. I will say this much- the measurements listed throughout the book are whack. The individual pieces were supposed to be from 1 2.5 yard pieces,a nd 9 individual 1 yard pieces- which could have easily been done from 1/2 yard pieces for most of them, and a 1 yard piece for the larger. The seam allowances are whack- even allowing for smaller seam allowances, the project was STILL smaller than stated, and required adding another row at the bottom to get closer to the length. (She says use 1/2 inch seam allowances, I used smaller, therefore, project should have grown, not shrank, with accurate measurement of base pieces.)

I tooled around with some of the appliqué pieces too, changed some things around. In all, I would recommend it, but not for a beginner- there is too much to be screwed up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fiber said...

I envy you. I've always wanted to learn how to quilt, but I seem to lack the Amish relatives to teach me.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home