Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

12.10.2007

Finals, part 1.

The A&P test was really simple, so lets hope my grade reflects this. I'd really like the A. (OK, A-.)

(Also, the finger is still a bit off, so forgive the weirdness in typing.)

Tonight is the Psych final. I don't have to take it- my grade was high enough through the year to avoid taking it. (Hooray for achieving my goal!) I am, however helping with the study group beforehand. That will be fun. Also, I made my tasty good mexican spiced brownies for the class. (I loved them...). The recipe is dead simple, and makes your whole kitchen smell like a big mug of Mexican hot chocolate.

Easy Mexican spiced brownies with caramel cream cheese frosting

1 box brownie mix (whatever's on sale, but not the really cheap stuff) To make a 9x13 pan
2t to 1T cinnamon
1 pinch of cayenne
whatever fixins it takes to fix your mix (according to the box)

Add the spices to your dry ing. and make brownies as usual. You can top with chocolate chips or nuts if you so desire. Bake as directed and cool.

Once the brownies are cool, make the ridiculously simple frosting

1 can dulce de leche
1/2 brick cream cheese

beat the two together till light, and spread over the brownies. Done! Yum!

(Also, watch your cayenne. You really don't need a ton- I just put a tiny pinch in the ones I took to class, the ones I made for me had a heftier pinch, and they're more kicky than dessert should be, but still really tasty.)


1 Comments:

Blogger Fiber said...

Good job, E!

BTW, had to go to Five Guys after your glowing recommendation. Turns out the veggie and the grilled cheese are simple a bun with whatever veggies they have, and with cheese for the latter. But still delicious.
And an order of the cajun fries are a force to be reckoned with. They were taking names when we were there...

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home