Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

11.22.2007

Happy Thanksgiblet

Or at least it will be for another 7 minutes.

So I stole this idea from monkeygirl. It's going to get me out of a bad mood, I can feel it.

What Are You Thankful For?

I'm thankful that no matter when I show up at my mom's house, she tries to feed me, and always asks "Do you have enough money for food?" Even though, so far, I always have; one of these days I won't, and she'll be there (hooray).

I'm thankful for the most wonderful boyfriend I could ever hope to have. Even if he is a little stingy with the backrubs, and I don't get to see him nearly often enough. Someday there will be enough words to tell him exactly what he means to me. Until then, I'll just have to show him.

I'm thankful that I work in a hospital, and am not a patient in one.

I'm thankful that no matter how much my coworkers may confuse, confound, and completely infuriate me, that most of them actually do show up on any given shift.

I'm thankful that at least one channel showed the actual Macy's parade, instead of Broadway crap, and that I didn't have to watch that smarmy Al Roker act "jolly" in between ridiculous lip-synched numbers.

I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head, "stuff" in my cupboards, and people who love and care for me, and people that I can love and care for. When it comes down to it, that's all that really matters anyway. Your car, your grades, your clothes, your job, they're all worthless without the love and support of family and friends.

I still want a hug, a cat to hold, and a break, but this certainly helps put things in perspective.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fiber said...

Isn't that the freakin' truth?

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home