Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

8.24.2005

SQUEE!

Thanks to Annie Modesitt's fabulous book (Confessions of a Knitting Heretic) I have finally learned how to cable.

In fact? I have learned to do braided cable.

That high-pitched joyous squealing? That's me. There was/is jumping up and down, too.

So now I'm working on this sampler bag from Annie's book, mine's in pretty purple Araucania Nature Wool yarn (Shade 29- varigated purples)I'm also doing braided, instead of the cable shown, and a little bit larger, because otherwise the bag is suuuuuuuuuper teeeny.

(note, this pattern is available in Confessions of a knitting heretic, the bag photo is from Annie's site, hosted here, to save her bandwidth. I did NOT knit this bag.)


Wheeee!!
(This doesn't mean I've abandoned the quilt. It means it's going slower. Football season=knitting season.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home