Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

8.19.2005

There's an Andy Warhol joke in here somewhere.

What did I do today?

Well, I spent most of my morning up to my elbows in tomatoes. We canned mum's tomato soup, and some diced tomatoes. We got some REALLY nice small tomatoes for six bucks a box at the Mennonite farm this morning, and some bigger ones for 8 bucks a box at the Amish farm last night. All told, we put up 16 pints and 4 quarts of soup (with a nice big tupperware thing full left over for just eating) and 4 quarts and 4 or 5 (I forget) pints of diced tomatoes. Not Bad.

I've also got some left over peeled tomatoes (8 or so) so I'll make some homemade salsa tomorrow after work. Yum.

I'll put the recipe for the soup up on the foodage site, and I'll even put up cheater directions, so you can bypass the whole "start from fresh tomatoes" thing. (if you must)

I'll also probably wax rhapsodic about the actual process over there, so you've been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home