Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

8.20.2005

Total Cheater Post.

I'm stealing this from Stephee's blog.
I worked all day, and came home to make delicious homemade salsa. If I were alone, I'd probably eat the entire thing in one sitting (it's supper, 'k?), but having other people in the house forces me to adhere to some shred of propriety.

Anyway. Here's the active theft...


First Name: Special

Were you named after someone? Actually, I was named (IRL) after a woman my mom knew in High School. She liked the name, and here we are.

Do you wish on stars? Of course! I also throw salt over my left shoulder, and wish on flying milkweed fluffs too.

When was the last time you cried? Last week, watching coverage of the release of the 9/11 audio. I wept like a little kid.

Do you like your handwriting? It does what it has to, and more and more looks like my mother's, which is amusing and confusing for the people we work with. (As we already sound alike on the phone, and over the walkie-talkies.

What is your favorite lunch meat? Smoked Turkey

What is your birth date? August 5, late seventies.

What is your most embarrassing CD? Tie: Polka/Duran Duran (several of 'em.)

If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Depends on the mood I'd be in that day, but probably.

Are you a daredevil? Devil, yes. Dare? No.

Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell? No, and Magicdude, you STILL owe me for that. (You know what I mean.)

Do looks matter? Not always.

How do you release anger? Making something/Being a bitch on my blog.

Where is your second home? G. Monkey's House

Do you trust others easily? I tend to trust MOST people till I'm given a reason not to, most of the time.

Favorite high heel plastic shoes? My round toe, button trim, vintage looking black pumps, otherwise known as the ouchy shoes. (They're pleather.)

What class in high school do you think was totally useless? Algebra.

Do you have a journal? I have a pink diary with a unicorn on it, does that count?

Do you use sarcasm alot? Me? Surely you jest.

Your nicknames? G., Sauce, El, Eeeeee!, "What's your name again"?/Diane's Girl (retirement home only)

Would you bungee jump? No, thank you.

Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I try not to wear stuff that ties, so the point's moot.

Do you think that you are strong? Physically, yes. Emotionally, not so much.

What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Depends on the day, but I am rather fond of Coffee Heath Bar and/or New York Super Fudge Chunk.


Shoe Size?
7 1/2 wide.

Red/pink? Surly is the new pink.

What is your least favorite thing about yourself? How much time you got?

Who do you miss most? My old friends from Borders, and the folks in KW.

What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Ugly-assed khaki work skirt with apple butter stains on the pockets, and shoes? What shoes.

What are you listening to right now? The computer fans, and people walking around upstairs.

Last thing you ate? Homemade salsa, Utz tortilla chips (rated best by Consumer Reports, made by local folks!)

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Do they make a color called "Tired?" If not, probably "Pasty, borderline albino pale"

What is the weather like right now? Stifling, with a tinge of ass.

Last person you talked to on the phone? G. Monkey

First Concert you attended? NiN/David Bowie

Last Concert you attended? Gaaah... I don't remember, but probably the All Mighty Senators or Hank Williams III?

Celebrity Crushes? William Petersen (I'll fight ya, Stephee), Hugh Laurie (who doesn't?), Chris Meloni, Jon Stewart, Timothy Hutton (as Archie Goodwin), Christopher Kimball, Alton Brown, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? It varies, usually eyes and profile...

Favorite Drink? Non-alcoholic: iced jasmine green tea, no sugar. Alcoholic: Strongbow. Barring that, Vodka (non smirnoffian) and cran.

Favorite Sport? Football! Football! Football! Football!

Favorite TV show? No supreme favorite, but I like the L&O franchise (except the non-Briscoe current L&O and that trial by jury crap), the original CSI, House, Monk, & the Daily Show.

Favorite Movie? Desk Set

Last cd purchased/burned? Odie got me The Autobiography of Reinhold Messner for my birthday.

Hair Color? Born with dark brown, currently sport dark auburn

Eye Color? Greeneyblueygrey-ey

Do you wear contacts? yep, 2 of em'

Name of Pet(s)? Fat Elvis, Silent Bob

Favorite Food? Right now? Fresh tomato anything.

Last Movie You Watched? Shadow of the Thin Man

Scary Movies Or Happy Endings? Stupid Scary stuff, so I can make fun of it...

Summer Or Winter? Spring and Fall, actually.

Hugs or Kisses? There'd better be both, if ya know what I'm sayin'.

What Is Your Favorite Dessert? Something involving a butter yellow cake and some whipped cream, somewhere.

Living Arrangements? Embarassing.

What Books Are You Reading? Cold New World, by William Finnegan

How Many Candles Were On Your Last Birthday Cake? Actually, I didn't put any candles on, but there would have been 28.

What's On Your Mouse Pad? Some cheesy advertisement for a girl's magazine website. It was free.

What Did You Watch Last night on TV? Monk.

Who Was the Last Person You Kissed? Mister Bawlmurr. *sigh*

Favorite Smells? Cooking, cinnamon, lime & cilantro

What's the furthest you've been from home? Living? Key West.

What's your biggest indulgence? Right now? Enzyme shit for my contacts. When I'm making money? Books

If You Could Be Anywhere Eight Now, Where Would You Be? Probably kickin' it in Irish Kevin's, listening to Jared Michael Hobgood, then waitin' for Matt Avery's set to come on, and/or chillin' with Tioti & Heather and the gang up at the Garden. (With large quantities of Strongbow) Or possibly in bed. Preferably not alone. Not necessarily to poke. Preferably with a bipedal hominid, and not my cat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Special Sauce said...

Note to self: Suggest "Slumber Party Massacre" for next cheddar theater. Looks positively terrible. (Quintessential early '80s teen horror flick. Oh YES!)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

I stole this and put it on my blog.

Thanks!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home