Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

10.11.2004

Waitin' by the phone...

Yes, Dear Readers (all none of you) it's a very special edition of the Sauce-o-Rama that (none of) you have come to know and love.

Today I sit by the phone.


And wait.


And wait.


And wait for the freakin' thing to ring.

I had a meeting with the founder of a new nonprofit on Monday, and received an email from her Saturday telling me to expect a phonecall today. I checked with my sources, and the founder really liked me, liked my resume, and is hoping to have my baby. Well, maybe not that last part, but she definitely is interested in having me work for her. Believe me, that feeling's mutual. (and it's not just because I'll get to do my "I hate you, I quit" dance for the Benevolent Dictator on Tuesday)

The organization I'm trying to join is a startup dedicated to helping developmentally challenged individuals and their families through a reverse-inclusion campus including step-down care for senior citizens (and yes, I do know what this means). The situation is ideal for me because it's a startup, and my lack of education can't work against me. (Minor rant: never mind the fact that I have excelled in every position I have ever held, and have worked my way up to a supervisory position in most of them, never mind the fact that I am an organizational whiz, enjoy learning new tasks, multitask like a motherfucker, and have a damned good amount of common sense- most places I have sent resumes to have ignored me like a bastard child at a family reunion. I may not have a college degree, but I do have a hell of a lot of experience, and am smart enough to learn a job if shown. I'm not a moron, and I'm not applying for rocket science positions where a degree is an integral part of the process, I'm trying to work in an office, for the love of Elvis. So HR folks, lighten up a tad, and give a girl a chance. Rant mode off.)
Where was I? Oh yeah- this job would rock because it's a startup, the founder needs my awe-inspiring (permit the ego for a mo.) office molding skills, and my background in eldercare should be a good fit.

Assuming she calls me.

I will keep you posted, but keep your fingers crossed (all none of you) and hope that this call finally arrives.
I've been waiting for months to do my little jig...

1 Comments:

Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

Best of luck with this. I'm in the same field and sometimes getting a new job feels like nailing jello to a tree.

I'm turning into a fan of your blog so keep us (me?) posted.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home