Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

7.18.2004

Rumors Of My Demise...

...are highly entertaining, yet wholly untrue. 
 
To say I've been a little busy lately is merely an understatement.  I have been developing, with G. Monkey a plan to hopefully save both our asses, and keep us from going completely insane at the 'ol job-a-roonie.
 
Lets just say that drafting a budget for a five-year-old company run by a woman who manages her money like a five year old, can be trying.  Add in the joy that is developing a real, functioning board of directors, so we can maintain our nonprofit status, and trying to establish actual job descriptions so the big boss won't be up in my grill every fifteen seconds, and you can see I've got a lot of nights and weekends put into this thing.  Proposal date is Friday the 23rd.  I'll know then if I am going to get more money, and can stay employed, or if I'll be tendering my notice. 
 
Other news: the house tiles don't have any asbestos, so I'm not going to die any earlier than planned- or at least not from asbestosis.  Work on Hell's Half Acre has ground to a standstill (unless you count the big boss going over to cut up carpet, when she could have been selling advertising in the journal) since we have two journals to put to bed by August 10 (HA!), a direct mailer to send out, point of sale merchandising to put together and distribute, a discount program to plan, posters to put together, authors to contact, and spaces to wrangle.  Oh, what an amusing few weeks this will be. 
 
Knitting: since everyone else has an opinion on the Summer Knitty, I'll weigh in.  (Pun, honestly not intended.)  I saw exactly one and a half patterns I liked in this Knitty.  (The nightgowns were both really cute- although the fabric & knit one, I would probably just copy, in fabric only.) I really enjoy knitting, it's a great stress reliever and it's a great way for me to make something that I just wouldn't be able to find in a store.  That said- I know I wouldn't be able to find a knitted bra, or thong in a store, and perhaps that's a damned good thing.  I'm a big girl- I'll be the first to admit it.  Frankly, I wouldn't want to see my boobs in a knitted bra.  They'd be slappin' my knees, and generally flappin' all over the place. And the knitted thongs? Um. No.  I really like my happy microfiber boyshorts, my ass was made to be covered.  Until they show you how to make a knitted girdle, and knitted steel I-beams, I think I will leave my lingere to Lane Bryant, and stick to knitting socks, if I want some custom intimate apparel.  And the hand knitted licorice edible undies... I'm just disappointed they didn't tell you where you can get Monistat by the case if you use the damn things.  Sugar and coochies do not mix. 
 
Ground Chuck update: The sweater, she must be frogged.  Disappointing, because I was up to 11 inches on the back, but it's just not wide enough.  I was in denial, thinking I could add a seed-stitch border, but it's just not meant to be.  I think it is too wide for a front panel, or I'd try to save it.  I've put it aside for now, to show G. Monkey how to cast on- she learned to knit as a little kid, and it came back to her.  I made a few froofy scarves that I may or may not give away/sell.  It is tremendously satisfying to be able to finish a project in an hour and a half, but the large needles tend to fark the wrists. 
 
Currently watching: Old episodes of Beverly Hills 90210, I Love the '90s, (sense a trend?) Poirot, the insides of my eyelids. 
 
Currently reading: Stiff (just finished rereading it this morning), The Singer Book of Sewing and an ancient secretarial manual from when my mom went to Sec Tech.
 
Currently snacking: The Countess Tolousse Latrec's Chocolate Cake.  Damn, that is some good cake.  G. Monkey gave me the recipe.  A pound of bittersweet chocolate, 4 eggs, a stick and a bit of butter, a tablespoon of sugar, and a tablespoon of flour combine to make one ungodly good cake.  Fruit Salad. 
 
Currently listening: The Beastie Boys- Pauls Boutique, Ben Folds Five- Rockin' the Suburbs, Sirius Music- First Wave ('80s new wave). 
 
Sure, it was a long one, but it's done now. 
 
More when I feel like it...
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home