Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

6.19.2008

A Walk To Beautiful

I don't normally cry during TV shows. I also don't feel compelled to tell people to run out and buy copies of them, either. Call tonight a red-letter night. What so compelled me? Nova's A Walk To Beautiful. It's the story of three Ethiopian women with obstetrical fistulas, who find hope and renewal at the Addis Abba Fistula Hospital.

I'm not kidding. Find it. Buy it. Watch it. I dare you to not cry with these women. They were treated like animals in their villages, and to see them not only learn that they're not the only ones out there with this problem- but that they can be fixed- it's incredible. I want to pack up and work for that hospital. It's incredible.

There really are good people out there in the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

http://www.globalgiving.com/pr/2100/proj2017a.html

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home