Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

6.10.2008

P.S.

This whole "Going to bed around 12:30-1:00 AM and getting up by 7 AM" thing is insane, ridiculous, and really, thoroughly starting to piss me off beyond belief.

I never have had an easy time of sleeping through the night, Benadryl will sometimes help, and I've been taking melatonin recently. Unfortunately, they simply cut down the number of times I wake up (say from 5 to 3) and I STILL wake up at the ass-crack of dawn.

"But Sauce," you say. "Why do I care?" Because it's turning me into an evil, angry person (even moreso than usual), it's seriously fucking with the amount of sleep I get, which is causing crazy-ass headaches, and I want to do nothing during the day but take a big, giant, nap. I've tried no caffeine, I've tried caffeine only in the mornings, I don't do anything excessively stimulating before I go to bed, I even try to avoid the laptop and telephone. I have a small snack, nothing too heinous before I sleep (So it's not hunger that's waking me up). I even tend to sleep in earplugs, to shut out the noises of the clydesdales upstairs...

AUGH...

suggestions anyone??

5 Comments:

Blogger Hey, You said...

Well I think you gotta know what the source of the problem is. One thing it could be is cortisol. Either have a protein snack instead of some other small snack, or increase the amount of protein to see if that helps.

Also gotta learn how to put yourself back to sleep. Solve all the problems. Go pee. Remake the bed. Whatever it takes to get comfy again.

And lay off the caffeine and naps.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Fiber said...

Gin.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Special Sauce said...

Damnit, Why didn't I think of Gin?

I do get back to sleep again fairly quickly, the issue is the waking up in the first place... But I will go for the protein, because it can't hurt-

5:18 PM  
Blogger Hey, You said...

Well, the protein suggestion was about keeping you from waking up in the first place, not getting back to sleep quickly.

But go for the gin. It sounds like more your style. :)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Fiber said...

And to be honest, sounds like more fun too.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home