Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

11.14.2005

How much?

How much do I love my mechanic Dutchie?

Two hundred and three dollars and fifty-three cents worth.

Yep. Because that's how much it cost to do the alternator. And he swears my brakes are fine, despite the crunchy noise.

And my car is fixed, and for the first time in months I drove it home without one blasted light coming on on the dash. Sweet!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I hate car problems! Fortunately my dad and brother are great w/ working on cars so that helps but I hate having to ask so for little things I take it in...at least your guy didn't try to rip you off.

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you come off knowing so much about football and not respectin' the wheels???

Your training is not complete.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Special Sauce said...

Linny- my brother is a whiz at car repair, but getting anything into his schedule is nearly impossible. (But you should see the magic he can do with a transmission- beautiful!)

Anon- Oh you just hush. I know when I should take it to the mechanic, that's the important part, right? I can tackle Windshield wipers, fluid, topping off steering and antifreeze, and change my own air filters. I'm pretty confident I can change my own battery and have successfully jumped several cars (I keep cables in my trunk). So I'm not totally inept. Given enough time I could probably get a tire off, and a spare on too. But having boobs eliminates that need- usually. Heh.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home