Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

1.10.2006

They haven't won.

I was chided today for not posting more. I confess, it has been a quiet week or whatever. G. Monkey bailed on me this weekend, and I've left a few messages, but this doesn't surprise me a whole lot. This happens. If I don't hear from her in a day or two more, I'll call out the search party (or her dad, whichever is more convenient). She did come home this weekend, her leg was getting pretty gnarly, and she got that looked at, was supposed to go in for another look-see today, and probably more antibiotics/whacks upside the head for doing something so stupid from the doc*.

I was out of commission myself this weekend, the sore throat from the great beyond (or P & Ferret Trimmin' Gal) turned into "dear sweet Lord, just take me now, or let my sinuses/eyeballs explode already, would you?" on Sunday, and I actually called in sick Monday. (And as parsimonious as I am with my Paid Time Bank, something's wrong if I call in sick.)

I'm feeling much more human now, and am breathing unassisted. Life, is jolly.

Otherwise, there's really not much to report. The incomprable C is tempting me with yarn, and interesting patterns, and I'm now probably set till I'm 80 for stuff to make, but that's OK. Next onto the needles (or possibly tonight, if I find the right yarn in my stash) is this, the Flower Basket Shawl (I'd probably go a tiny bit bigger than is in the picture... (pdf) either in Mulberry zephyr, or something else. And I'm still plugging at Samus and mom's purple Branching Out. And hey, maybe there will be pictures eventually, now that I have a camera!

Hope you are all having a happy, and a merry, and a festive whatever today might be.



*Kidding, her doctor wouldn't whack her upside the head. I did, though. Verbally. But in the kind, "dude, you can't do that shit" sort of way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Special Sauce said...

Fiber, ya can just bite me, awright? I didn't realize it had been 8 days though- that's inexcuseable.

GA- Isn't it awesome! You should SEE the one Fiber made- super pretty. I'm going to work on mine starting Saturday morning.

Stephee- Hush! :)

6:33 AM  
Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Parce is too tired to live. News coming soon, not least because if I don't update, CDHSarah will do it for me.

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home