Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

1.02.2006

Rainy Monday

Well, New Year's Day started out auspiciously enough, and I'm hoping that I can carry the happiness and optimism from it, through the rest of the year. Personal traditions and superstitions have been dealt with, and my fingers are crossed.

I haven't asked for positive thoughts and well wishes in a while, but I'm asking today. And this time, it's not for me- G. Monkey needs 'em. Needs 'em really badly, actually. She's going away tomorrow, and I'm not sure how long she'll be gone. She's been dealing with a lot of shit lately, and the ways she had been dealing weren't exactly healthy, productive, or effective. (Well, except the therapy.)

Anyway. She's trying to do some things on her own first- will be staying semi-nearby, close enough that I can go visit her on the weekends if she wants. She's going to try to take her meds like she is supposed to, and work on the self-destructive stuff, and keep seeing her therapist, and hope that the change of scenery helps. But if that doesn't work, she's going to let the professionals take over.

I'm not as worried as I have been for the past month and a half, and specifically the last 2 weeks, because she's recognizing that what she was doing wasn't healthy. And she's making changes to try to get healthy. Or at least healthier, and maybe a little happier. So send your positive vibes, prayers, crossed fingers, and atta girls to her. She needs everyone she can get to be pulling for her.

Thanks y'all.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God I hate learning things like this about people I know IRL. That being said, I'll keep her in my prayers.

12:39 AM  
Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

A stick of incense is burning already on the new Hindu shrine for G. Monkey, that she may surmount her obstancles and have nothing but good fortune.

hope yout nre year was happy. That said, I'm drunk and going to bed as soon as I finish doing darshan for the Monkey.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Special Sauce said...

Hey anon, can you do me a favor? Don't mention this to Mr. Monkey, OK? It's a bit complex, my reasons why, but it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thank you both for everything you're doing. Trust me, she will appreciate it even more than I do.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I wouldn't.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

And sorry for the atrocious spelling in my last comment, but...drunk.

Still remembering the Monkey in my darshan...I'm going to print a pic of Hanuman, the Monkey God, for the shrine specifically for her. He is mighty, indeed, and mighty can't hurt in this case.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Fiber said...

It couldn't hurt for her to wear her Hindu birthstone either...

7:46 PM  
Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

**scribbles note in Hindu studies notebook to ask Leela, in addition to the eight kinds of poverty, WTF a Hindu birthstone is**

So, ET, how doeth the Monkey? Better, I hope.

now is probably not the time, but I got my GBC shirt in the mail today and I am really really happy...especially since a random check also showed up that will almost exactly pay the rest of my ridiculously high electric bill.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Special Sauce said...

She's sounding better- is coming up here tomorrow for a day of "we're not sure what yet", a bad movie, and she'll stay at my house, or another friend's. She's sleeping, and ate the day I talked to her- so I consider all that to be an improvement. :)

Thanks again, Parce, Stephee, Anon, and everyone, :)

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home