Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

1.22.2006

Could this weekend get ANY better?

Ok, first off.

We're going to the Superbowl! We're going to the Superbowl! We're going to the freaking Superbowl!

I am so freaking giddy right now I might quite possibly do a jig. Maybe three.

Seriously. Even when I knew we had it, I couldn't let myself accept the fact until the clock ran out. Holy hell, people, the Steelers. Are going. To the Superbowl.

HEEEEEEEE!!

And that was just the capper on a great 2 days.

Saturday was the big whing-ding for the local drug company that P's mom and her friend work for (think little blue lozenge shaped pills). They had 2 extra tickets, and kindly invited P and I to go. Dinner, dancing, a nice night out. I suggested making it into an early President's Day (or perhaps belated New Year's) celebration weekend, and snagged a nice room at a local hotel. We had a great time at the wing ding, I got to sleep next to a hot guy (I'll spare the other details), and curled up with him in front of the fire, to watch the game. Which we won.

Honestly, I haven't had this much fun in a while. I even got to kick it off with a few martinis with The Incomprable C. and G. Monkey on Friday night.

And yes. Much to my chagrin, there was a photograph taken. By a professional. And as much as I cringe at the prospect of having my picture taken, (among other reasons for hating professional photography) I think this one turned out halfway decent. (P, of course, hates it, as he was about to blink when they snapped it.) I'll scan it tomorrow and post. Because I can. (And because, really- how often do I get to have my picture taken with a hot guy?)

And an aside to Miss Critki- while your tonsorially challenged QB was quite frightful, he really couldn't hold a candle to our cleetus-looking QB. I think it had to do with the long hair...

And one to Anon- well, yeah! Road House rocks it. "You play guitar pretty good for a blind guy." "Yeah, and I thought you'd be bigger..." Love that movie for the cheeze alone. So good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home