Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

1.17.2006

Just do it.

Go to 28 Cooks. Do it now.

And make something. Sure, she doesn't have a lot of recipes up. YET. But the two that I have made, the Lentils and Rice, and the Roasted Cauliflower, are enough to make me want to marry the Incomprable C.

And yes, this is how rumors get started, and I don't even care. She? Can cook. Tonight, I made her lentils and rice, (with 3 minor tweaks- I used chicken broth and water, added some red pepper flakes, and toasted the rice- pilaf style- before pouring the lentils & broth over them and letting the whole shebang simmer) And if she gets around to it after class tonight, she's going to post a recipe for tofu-stuffed shells, that she loved, and she finds tofu as appealing as the stuff you scrape off your shoe after a jog through the dog park.

And if you dislike vegetarian fare, I'll dig up the recipe I've got for some wicked good French Dip sandwiches.


In other news:

I've started working on the Flower Basket Shawl, and really like the ease of the pattern (I'm even working from the chart- a minor miracle, as I loathe charts), and the yarn is really growing on me. Progress photos to come, when it looks less like a pile of yarn, and more like a little wrap-y thing.

I got my 90 day review at work today, and I believe it actually did contain the phrase "walks on water" or darn near to it. It was overwhelmingly positive, and it was really great to get some feedback from my direct supervisor. For all my bitching, it really is a decent place to work. (and for all my screwing around, they seem to not care, so long as I get shit done)

So I'm not getting fired anytime soon. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home