Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

9.12.2005

Why, Lord? Why?

It is official. I have read the stupidest letter to the editor ever.
The headline?

Why Katrina? Abortion!

I just can't make this shit up. And they were serious too. And the paper printed it. And it makes me weep, just a little more, for humanity. They say that "God has warned us twice now, once with the attacks on 9/11, and now the hurricane. The next one will make these two seem like Sunday School picnics."

F'reals.

I... I just don't even know where to begin. And I know that if I write a letter in rebuttal right now, it will be so filled with cursing, and thinly-veiled insults regarding the letter writer's lineage (and how perhaps his mother should have considered birth control), that it will never be printed.

I bet it's the same guy that wrote the letter years ago "Worker Shortage? Blame Abortion!" because tourist traps were having a hard time staffing their visitor-bilking Amish-Exploitation sites. I should be used to it by now, I guess, but every time I think they can't get any dumber, someone tops the last letter. Though, I maybe I envy the guy just a little bit. To have so much faith in something that you're willing to make a complete and utter ass of yourself in the local newspaper... To have that kind of a faith must be comforting. Well, when you're not crapping your pants in fear of a vengeful God, I suppose.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Worst one I've heard so far? G-d punished New Orleans, which has NO representative Jewish population (less than 5% according to the stat I read) BECAUSE OF THE GAZA DISENGAGEMENT. Because New Orleans has SO MUCH to do with THE STATE OF FRIGGIN' ISRAEL. (The RenReb had a good post about this recently, but I'm too lazy to look it up so you may have to scroll down.)

"Wuh? Huh? Shut UP!" is my general reaction to these kinds of things. Don't let 'em get to ya. These are the kinds of people that think G-d kills kittens when you masturbate, so who cares what they say?

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home