Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

11.27.2004

Mmm. Turkey.

Happy turkey-coma weekend. Hope you all had a great holiday. Mine was enjoyable, with the exception of the "we left my house and it was sixty degrees, but 2/3 of the way to DuBois it started to snow. Hard." thing. (which directly led to the "can you just bring the turkey in here to my blanket cocoon, because if I move, I will surely freeze to death" thing and the "whose stupid idea was it to come up here for Thanksgiving anway? Oh. Mine. Crap." thing)

Things went swimmingly till we tried to leave, and approximately 1 hour into the drive back to civilization, the serpentine belt in the car shreds. Luckily Odie (official brother of Special Sauce) is a vehicular genius (especially when dealing with his own car), and has approximately 12.4 billion VW-head friends, who told him exactly what he needed to fix it. As luck would also have it, Pappa Sauce was sticking around in the cold country to hunt, so he was able to procure the necessary items, and get them to us, and we were on our way again in about 2.5 hours.

So.

Nutjob update:

I'm doing pretty well. Trying to get enough sleep, because I know that my stupid insomnia exacerbates things. I get to sleep fine, but rarely sleep the entire way through the night. Evil (official eldest feline of Special Sauce...) doesn't help, She will not tolerate being shut out of the room (will rattle the door and pulls up the carpet), and demands to be petted between 3:30/4:30 AM. (And if I've awakened at 12, 1:30 and 3:00, this generally pisses me off something fierce.) I've tried valerian before, and something else whose name escapes me at the moment. I usually have very limited success with them. (because again, falling asleep, no sweat- STAYING asleep- problem.) If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear 'em.

(and yes, I have considered taking the cat's feet and turning them into charming chopsticks, however, even when I didn't have beasticus, I still had the insomnia.)


Not a whole lot else to report. I triumphed over my windshield wiper blades today, replaced them, and my air filter, put in the nifty de-icer windshield fluid (the inventor of which should really receive a nobel prize), washed, waxed AND vacuumed the car... (and yes, I do have a date tonight- no, he probably won't see the inside of my car, but hey, It'll make the drive to Bawlmur a bit more interesting...)

Hope all of you are having a swell weekend. Can't wait to watch the game tomorrow- and will probably choke if the Steelers honk it agains the 'skins. Also, note to Fox. I live in Pennsylvania. I don't want to watch the Bengals play the Browns. The last time they played, that game sucked harder than a hyperactive kid tryin' to get the last granules out of the bottom of a pixie stick. When given the choice, why in the name of all that is holy, would you show a dog of a game like that, when you could show the 9-1 Steelers? Stupid, stupid move.

Fools.

Enjoy 'em!

Sauce.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home