Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

5.19.2009

Domestic Goddessdom

REJOICE!

The end of the semester has come! Sanity once again reigns! Now that I completed my "Finish my final, now go do a ginormous stretch for the other clerk at work." I earned 5 days of uninterrupted bliss. And what did I do?

Well, before the semester officially ended, I prematurely did my "4th semester on the deans list" boogie and got myself a treat- namely a new digital camera, which I am quite pleased with. I actually cleaned the apartment some, went shopping with my ass-kicking mother (who gifted me an excellent overnighter bag, which was on mad clearance, and is pink and quilted and adorable).

While out and about I managed to get back to work on my Wedding Aeolian, which is a bit scary, because now I'm getting cold feet about THE dress, and want to see some more things (of course, if I change dresses, will the aeolian match? Will I be forced to stab myself in the eyes with my knitting needles, thus rendering any matching questions moot?)



(Imagine that for a crapload more rows... imagine ripping that out and starting over again. Been there. Done that.)

I also picked up some charm squares to make a cute 30s print tote (because there are few things in life I like more than tote bags, and one of them is 30's reproduction fabrics). (Taadaa!)






I'm also trying to decide if it's too early (and presumptive) to just buy this kit and knit it for any future children I have because it's just so fecking CUTE. (I only know one person who is "with child" and I don't know if she'd appreciate a hand-knit sweater set.) (I'd probably make the blue- hedge my bets, because if it's a girl, she can still wear an adorable blue set.)


Oh, and I also found 6 (count 'em, SIX!) Ngaio Marsh books at the used bookstore- I'm a truly happy camper. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home