Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

4.22.2009

Spring is in the air...

And with that comes local strawberries. Soon enough I'll get to make my favorite salad, adapted from Cooks Illustrated.

Spring Strawberry Salad

1 bag baby spinach
1 container small fresh strawberries
1 container blueberries (not frozen)
slivered almonds to taste
1 bunch basil taken off the stems
your favorite homemade balsamic dressing with a buttload of fresh pepper cracked into it.

Toss all the ingredients together except the dressing- strawberries should be halved or quartered... pass dressing at the table, and enjoy. (Yes, basil goes in like leaves- you may chop in half, but don't chiffonade.)


In other news, classes are coming to an end. My last clinical day was yesterday, and my last lecture is tomorrow. I have exams aplenty for the next two weeks, then I AM DONE for the summer... YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home