Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

2.05.2006

Steelers win! Steelers win!

Really, do I need to say anything else?

I don't think it has fully sunk in yet, but it was indeed the perfect capper to a really wonderful weekend. I won't bore you with all the details, but P was off, and it was quite nice. Watched the game at Odie's, and there is nothing, and I do mean nothing, more frightening than an interview with Mick Jagger in HD.

He looks like a dried out sponge that has been partially/unevenly rehydrated. Aieeee.

The beginning of the game sucked it, but the final 3 quarters were quite interesting, Bettis is retiring, Ben kept his word (and got him to the big game), and Hines Ward was the MVP. In all, I couldn't have asked for a better night.

And on that note, I'm off to bed- more smack tomorrow, after I'm slightly better rested.

Ok, now that it's about a quarter to seven, and I'm a bit more well rested, here are my takes on the game:

1. We got really lucky. We had one TD that really probably shouldn't have been called a TD (Ben's diving across the line). He actually did probably break the plane, but it was really, really hard to tell. Mercifully, we won by a large enough margin that even without that TD, we were OK.

2. We played for shiiiiiiiiiit in the first half. Luckily? Seattle played for shit during all four quarters.

3. I'm a little sad that we couldn't get Bettis into the endzone during this game. It would have been an even sweeter sendoff.

4. Always underestimate the number of people my brother says will show up for a wingding, because there will be enough food leftover to eat for a week.

5. The commercials this year were alright- my favorite spots were the "I'm going to Disneyland!" one, the Beer ones were pretty good (i.e. "Streaker") and the "I work with a bunch of jackasses" one rocked. I wasn't enthralled with the stupid toyota ones, the GoDaddy ones, or the Coke "full throttle" stuff. I have mixed feelings on the Dove campaign ads, but I'll discuss that later.

6. Did I mention that we won? Because- YAAAAAAAY! We won! Hee! We really, really won! I just also hope that we don't get the curse, and suck dog dick next year, as seems to be the case with teams that get to the bowl.

7. The Pro Bowl is not a real football game.

That is all, for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home