Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

2.02.2006

Happy Groundhog Day!

Hooray! It's Groundhog Day! Punxsutawney Phil (the only genuine prognosticating rodent, accept no substitutes) saw his shadow, and there will be six more weeks of winter. However, if we continue to have the weather we've been calling "winter" I'll be quite pleased. 50 degrees in January? Sure. I can take that.

In other pleasant news, I found a great present (ok, 2) for my goddaughter- a new Shel Silverstein book, and a book of Hand Art, from Klutz. So, I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Couldn't find anything nice and red for "Go Red For Women" day tomorrow, so I'm contemplating just opening a vein and asking "Is that red enough for you?" when someone asks... (don't mind me, that's just the tired crab talking) But I should be in swell spirits tomorrow, as it is both "The Day On Which The Loot Is Replenished" (aka "payday") and "The Day On Which I Get To Go Have Drinks With CLB & G. Monkey Immediately After Work." Which is most excellent indeed.

On the G. Monkey front, she seems to be doing better, after a scare a few weeks ago. They changed her pills, and while some stuff is a bit "not so much with the goodness" (eating, disturbances) there are some things that are improved (sleeping, outlook) so this is good. Also, she found a support group for one of her particular diagnoses, so in 2 weeks we're going to go check it out (and totally play "OK guys, guess which one of us is the nutter*?") Should be interesting.

And yes, there really will be Steelers Content coming. Probably tomorrow. In short: Seahawks suck it, Steelers are going to whip some ass, and perhaps I'll need to go to work in black and gold, and screw the American Heart Association... Heh. After all, Go Red day happens every year, Steelers in the superbowl? Not so much.



* And lest someone dings me for using the term "nutter", you can bite me, as it's meant with affection, and the "Guess" idea was G. Monkey's in the first place. So suck it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

You know? You got your goddaughter what I got CDHSarah for her Chrimmus. (Because she's a bunny-lovin person, not because she's a child.)

Weird twin synchronicity. Me likee.

Glad to hear about the Monkey. Give her twin love from me.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home