Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

2.03.2006

Who's a little bit hyper?

This guy.

Aside from the fact that the Steelers are going to play in the Superbowl in less than 2 days, and the fact that they are sooooo going to kick some ass, and that I finally get to see P tomorrow, and I got to have a slammin' veggie quesadilla, a martini, AND a little bit of Magic Hat #9 (which seriously. Just go. Find some. It's apricot-y, and honey-ey, and a little spicy, and it is so unbelievably good, it's ridiculous) BUT...

I just did an assload of stuff designed to get myself back into school.

Yeah, you read that right.

Skool.

Which scares the shit out of me, but is wholly necessary. But now is the time to do it because:

1. It's fucking TIME. I'm almost 30, I have no education. This needs to change.
2. Because I look like I was practically panhandling on last year's income tax return, I can totally score AWESOME financial aid.
3. If I can show that the field of study I'm electing to pursue (Psychology, I believe) is related to a position at the Giganto Mega Hospital (and yup, that qualifies), there is a sweeeeeeeeeet-assed tuition reimbursement program. I'd be an asshole not to take advantage of that.

So, As I'm perusing my intended institution of higher learning's website, I realized "Dude, I can totally take the CLEP tests, and maybe get out of taking some of these basic classes." So after the Martini/Quesadilla, but pre-Magic Hat, G. Monkey and I zip to our alma mater and snag a Clep Test Prep book. And go to the bar to take one of the sample tests. I picked my poison- Humanities- (and I'll be modest) and nailed it. Which gives me hope. I think I'll do fine on the English Comp, and probably the soc. science too. I can test out of up to 15 credits, so we'll see what we can do...

Anyway. This is me, freaking out. And signing out. What a day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Aww! Awesome! Your ET wants to go back to skool also, and CLEP is the way to go. It got me out of, basically, my entire freshman year, along with AP credits. Means you have to work harder to maintain that GPA later on, but I know you can do it.

(raises Mike's Hard Lemonade in air) Huzzah!

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home