Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

6.16.2005

Ladybugs twelve, at the ladybug picnic

I have a confession to make. I am a huge Sesame Street fan. And while in recent years, during the dark time which I call the "Elmo Era", the show has changed- not nearly enough of the "classic bits"- I have remained loyal and true. I get the warmest fuzziest feeling, remembering the show. I can remember one cold winter night, being curled up on my mom's wicker chair (white, with a pink and white gingham chair pad) with my feet on their tall bureau, neck craned up to watch Sesame Street & Mr. Rogers, all the while enjoying a bowl of beef & barley.

I can't really even begin to explain how much I love PBS kids programming. I still watch Arthur, even. (What are you gonna do about it? Huh?) Much like Francis, I loved 3-2-1 Contact, Mr. Rogers, Sesame Street, and Square One (C'mon, Mathnet? LOVE! and I? Hated math with a passion.) With all the warm fuzziness I have for PBS, the recent spate of calls to cut its funding have really worried me.

If the idea of cutting the budget leaves you more than a bit torqued (or even just a bit disturbed- we need all the help we can get), sign the petition at Moveon.org. If you can afford to send your local station a check, please, please do so. Let them know we're behind them.

That said. I've actually got 3 days worth of work at the codger corral. This makes me ecstatic, even though it IS 2 days of slinging breakfast, and I'm not sure what else, but it's also nearly 30 hours of work, which will go a long way to making sure all the crap that I have to pay this month gets paid. This week/next week I should hear from the county, so keep your fingers crossed. (And pray that I don't kill someone by Sunday, because I'm working 5:30-6. Yes, that's AM to PM. Saturday it's only 5:30-2. Friday, I'm particularly lucky to only have to work 10-6.) If anyone gives me any guff, I'm spitting in their oatmeal.

Heh.

Also, 1 more block done, one more started. I think I may try to make a throw. I might be on drugs though.

We've also got 2 cats lurking about. One's a cute, fluffy, orange Tom that the neighbor 2 doors down abandoned when she moved away. AND if I knew where that stupid twat moved to, I would sic the cops or animal control on her. Because that? Pisses me off. We live right over the hill from a no-kill shelter. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU ABANDON YOUR CAT WHEN YOU COULD TAKE IT TO THE SHELTER FOR FREE??? I'm in favor of adopting it, because it eats Amlette's food anyway, but Maa says nix. There's also a pretty grey and white tom running around too, fighting with the orange one. They both ran into the street this evening and nearly got hit- I think the grey one has a home, I just don't know where. If all else fails, we'll try to nab them, and take them to CARES (shelter) and maybe they can be adopted. At least they won't get squished or gassed.

On that note. Yarr.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss_Critiki said...

I found a sister in PBS children's programming! I watch Arthur, Clifford, Sesame Street, and I too fondly remember 3-2-1 Contact!

Awesome! Good for you for trying to help save it. I'm with you!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home