Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

5.09.2005

Whew...

Ok. It's over. I am breathing at a much more "normal" pace now. Because when the Sauce gets freaked out, she does it in fine fashion. This morning? I was freaked.

I'm still a bit nervous, but I'd be PER-FECT for this job.

The woman I met with is very friendly, and realized that I actually AM smart, despite my lack of college edumacation. (I learn everything I can when I'm at a job. Why else would you work, if not to learn SOMETHING along with the paycheck, right?) we had a very good talk on a wide range of topics, including vintage aprons, my experience as an editorial assistant (despite how I type, I'm a decent proofreader), and what exactly Bosslady's Nonprofit was all about. I felt totally at ease with her, and had a good time. The BIIIIG boss was in for a few minutes at the end, and sort of rushed me out, I am hoping it was to get the dirt on me. They have at least one other interview tomorrow.

One of the things I think I have going for me is the fact that I'm very flexible- they want someone who can work with calling to schedule meetings, tracking where someone is, attending board meetings, and working with the financial end of things. I'd be the backup for the 3 main (ok, only) people in the office. They specifically said they wanted someone who could be a generalist, as opposed to someone who's good at one thing only. So... me! Me! Me!

Anyway... now I just wait. I've got my fingers crossed.

So now I'm workin' at the house, because I had to get Evil her medicine, and thought it would be stupid to drive 20 minutes to the office, get there at 1:00, then come home (taking an HOUR)at 4:00. Especially since the stuff I asked for never made it to my mailbox. So... Feh. Maybe I'll go to the gym too. That'd be a novelty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

I've got every possible appendage crossed but I think I'm giving myself muscle strain without any reason: you are a shoo-in for this job. I'm glad it went well and I'm glad that IT'S OVER!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Yay, ET! You're a shoo-in!

Nonetheless, the Employment Ganesh is going into pride of place when I get home.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home