Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.


Can I get some of that?

So, we had a very trying weekend.

Sure, it started out normal enough. Evil kept me awake all of Friday night, then I cleaned bathrooms all day Saturday. Then I got home, and was communing with the fuzzball when she had a big whonkin' seizure. I can't really describe it, but it scared the shit out of me, and lasted long enough for me to run to the kitchen, find the phonebook, try to call my vet, find out he's not in, and get back to the living room with the number for the emergency clinic.

For the record, the women at the emergency clinic are saints. I love them. I love them with all of my black, atrophied little heart. Evil, by this point, was pretty much fine, but supremely pissed that she had to ride the whole way downtown. I was still pretty freaked out. They calmed us both down, and were very caring. Dr. Leslie did break it to me that the seizure was most likely caused by the cancer spreading to her brain, or pressing on nerves. So, that's not so good. We also found some more bumps on her skin. That's also not so good.

We ended up drafting a game plan, involving giving her valium, prednisone, and cimetadine in the office (which she hated, and had to have 2 techs hold her down for shots- the most cranky I've ever seen her at the vet's), but she was quite calm for the ride home. Unfortunately, they wouldn't give me any valium. Believe me, I asked. Basically, though, they told me to prepare for the worst. She might have more seizures this weekend, and the prednisone isn't a permanent fix, but would buy me time through the weekend. And Saturday night I was up 4 times in the night to clean up puke, but by Sunday morning, she seemed to be much better. Quiet, but OK.

She spend almost all of Sunday on her perch in my room, looking out the window, and even let me sleep all night. This morning she's really pretty good. So, that's a good thing. Practically normal even. She's eating, and Myaah!-ing, and hasn't thrown up in 24 hours, so when I called for the follow up this morning, Doc Haver said to not worry about bringing her in today, but to just keep giving him daily updates.

So now I'm going out to get some more prevacid & turkey baby food, and go from there. Thanks for the love, and the crossed fingers. Things were looking exceptionally dire this weekend, but are a bit brighter now.


Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Oh poor kitty! I do hope she'll be OK. I'll be thinking of you guys!

10:25 AM  
Blogger parcequilfaut said...

I hope Evil will continue to be well. Still sending.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

*sending cyber drugs* and a drink for ya sister sauce.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home