Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

2.17.2005

Things that fucking rock, and some that don't.

Rocking thing #1. ET's back!


Not so rocking thing #1. G. Monkey's in Philly today, so I can't vent to her, but she'll be at the gym tomorrow. Yay.

Rocking thing #2. Pappa Monkey's coming to town on Friday, and he rocks bigtime. He's like my extra dad, and he is, apparently, coming bearing valentine's day surprises for his children (surrogate and otherwise, hee!!)

Not so rocking thing #2. Evil is still peeing just a few drops, but now it's not bleedy looking. Pappa Sauce is taking Dogger (official brainless canine of Mamma Sauce) to the Coolest Vet On Earth today, and I asked him to mention this. We'll see what CVOE says.

Rocking thing #3. One of the reasons CVOE is the CVOE is because he has some kind of Pappa Sauce fetish. Every time I see him (the CVOE that is) he asks about some facet of Pappa Sauce-dom. "Did he build that wall in front of the house? I really LIKE that!" or "Did your dad get a new truck? I thought I saw him in a new red one the other day!" I think pappa sauce has a stalker. We did advise him that if he lets the CVOE sweet talk him a little, we may get reduced vet fees, so he should suck it up... Hee.

Rocking thing #4. Blueberry yogurt and "nutty nuggets" (grape nuts for the budget conscious)

Rocking Thing #5. Having the first phonecall of the morning be from someone who thinks you're swell, and is so glad you're on the planet. (Namely Marian One from the Codger Corral, who is quite possibly the most genuninely kind and friendly person on earth.)

Rocking Thing #6. Knowing that I have 2 Kirkland chocolate cookies in my purse. Not necessarily eating them, just knowing they're there in all of their brownie-like glory.

Rocking Thing #7. Actually having work to do today. And on that note, off I go.
I'll keep you posted on the Evil Front, thanks for all of the well wishes, and prayers. I know it's a cat, but she's my furry little offspring, and I am great at worrying.

Welcome back, ET! Still crossing fingers!

Musical interlude: Joseph Arthur- In the Sun

1 Comments:

Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Oh, ET. Still got things going over here out of love for your li'l furry offspring. Mine are arranging themselves in tableaux vaguely inspired by the artistic principles of ikebana (the Japanese art of flower arranging), which may or may not be some kitty ritual of health and well-being. (Probably not, because Middle Jello just fell off the chair -- not very Zen.)

I don't know what's going to happen. It's probably not to my credit that I absolutely HAD to call out today because I realized that I was entirely out of half my medication, and waiting another week to get it would mean the bad side effects would come back. I can get a doctor's note, but one should not miss work when one is up for stuff.

Oh well. The decision was probably made by today anyhow and it's not worth sacrificing myself to get promoted now vs. later, right?

If it will make you feel one bit better, go over to Hissyfit and follow the link to watch Tara and Sarah debate the Oscars. Hearing them debate (even in a more formal setting) will add a new dimension to your GBC viewing pleasure, as I said in the comments over there.

*Mwahs*. Be careful!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home