Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

12.31.2004

Happy New Year!

Ok, it's a little early perhaps, but Happy New Year all the same!

I hope each of you enjoys a blissful, satisfying 2005.

There will be little hoopla surrounding this evening for me. G. Monkey and I are going to hang out at her house, and avoid the amateurs clogging up downtown. I made éclairs to go with the lemon bars, and we'll make some s'mores in her fireplace, a bit of popcorn, and some hot chocolate or coffee, and ring in the new year with a bit of the Marx Brothers and perhaps some Law and Order episodes on DVD. Oh, the exciting life I lead! Hee! Sounds like a fantastic night, though, and I can't wait.

This time last year, I was stuck working a double- the bank, and at Outback. I had to work later than anticipated, and didn't get home till after 11:00, just in time to change my clothes, and catch a bit of Dick Clark. At midnight, my roommate and her crazy boyfriend and I drank a toast, and they did the 12 grapes. We stepped out into our backyard, as someone set off a fantastic display of fireworks. As this year ends, I'm 1500 miles away from where I started, a little crazier, and a bit more grounded too. I wonder where I'll be a year from today, and I hope it will be good.

I'm not excessively superstitious, but I do have my January 1 traditions. I don't make resolutions, at least not for New Years. However, I do think that whatever you're doing on New Years day directly influences what you'll do the rest of the year. I try to spend the day doing things that make me happiest. I'll make something, (food or craft) and wear new clothes, and take a trip to Baltimore to boot. And I'll definitely be eating pork and sauerkraut. I skipped that the past two years, and well... it's not nice to defy PA Dutchie tradition. I may do a tiny bit of work, something I can easily accomplish, and do well. We'll see how it goes.
...lets just hope this sore throat I'm working on decides to vanish by morning. I don't want to spend 2005 hacking and wheezing.


Again, I hope all of you have a happy new year, and if you celebrate tonight, don't drink and drive, and watch out for the idiots that did. (Yes, I'm your mother. Put a sweater on, it's cold outside.)



1 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Happy New Year :-)

Best Wishes
La Luna.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home