Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

12.23.2004

Dear Santa

Yes, today's a two-fer.

Dear Santa,

Yes, I know I'm rather old to be writing to you, but you've almost always come through for me in the past. I never asked for any of the hard stuff, like a pony or a corvette, so I think I have some points coming to me, right? I don't want a lot this Christmas, I know I'm pretty damned lucky as it is. I may gripe a lot, but I have a job, and a roof over my head. I have warm clothing, and good friends. I'm broke as usual, but I'm still better off than some, and I'm thankful for what I have.

I'm writing to you, not just on my behalf. As I said, I've got it pretty good. There are a lot of people though, that don't have it so well. A lot of families with someone they love fighting in the Middle East. A lot of those families won't get to see that husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter again. Maybe it's selfish, Santa, but I'd love for them to all come home and be the people they once were. I know asking for world peace is trite, but Santa, could you work on that for me?

And the poverty, Santa. Too many people here are having to decide between food, medicine and rent. Too many people are without homes and jobs- not because they're lazy or shiftless, but because they're mentally ill, or because they're chronically underemployed, or because they got sick and couldn't afford it. Too many kids grow up in situations where the parents who are supposed to protect them, are the very people causing them the most harm. Can we work on this, Santa, please?

I know there are other things, Santa, but you're a busy guy, and I know someone else has probably asked about them. I know I've placed a pretty tall order, but I didn't complain when I didn't get the EZ Bake oven, so I think you sorta owe me one.

Thanks, Santa-

Special Sauce

2 Comments:

Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

I love this. I just do. 'Nuff said. This is about the most Christmasy think that I've heard so far this year and it did a spot-on job of reminding me of my priorities. Thanks, Saucy. You just made my day.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

Awwww... ever the bleedin' heart liberal. It's so cuuuute.

Many Politically Correct Holiday Greetings, my dear pinko!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home