Special Sauce

A mish-mash of twisted thoughts from a fevered ego. Updated when the spirit moves me, contents vary and may have settled during shipping. Do not open towards eyes. Caution: Ingestion of Special Sauce may cause hair loss, halitosis, and a burning sensation while urinating.

12.31.2006

It must be a sign

Whether it's the "here's your" or "four horsemen of the apocalypse" kind, you be the judge. Two posts in the span of one week. Must be a record or something. Well, that's what you get when I need to do laundry twice in a weekend.

I'm kind of weird about the end of the year- trying to get things rounded up, cleaned up. I spent yesterday scrubbing the apartment with a fervor that hasn't been seen since I moved in (sure, I clean, but this was cleaning- complete with organizing, pitching, etc...) Made all the more amusing because P caught the GI bug from hell that's been going around the Giganto-Mega-Hospital. Lucky for me, I had it right after Thanksgiving, so was fairly safe in assuming I won't be getting it again. Poor guy was up half the night recreating the Bellagio fountains, and then spent the rest of the day on the couch as I decontaminated the bathroom, and attacked the rest of the place.

On the upside of things, my favorite pal at the local Planned Parenthood called, my hoo will not, apparently rot away over the coming year. There was concern, as my pap came back with changes that were "bigger than a breadbox, but not so bad as the black plague." They biopsied my bits, and have determined that "it'll probably go away on its own* and I'll be good to go for another year. (and a happy new year to me.)

Everything else is a waiting game. Waiting to see what school says. Waiting to see how mom does. Waiting to see what's around the corner. Waiting for a new position to open up. I think 2007's not really the year of the pig, but the year of the hourglass, slowly spinning.

At any rate- happy new year. May your hourglass spin appropriately...

*Yes, this is a legitimate medical diagnosis. No, I'm not making it up. Yes, it's OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home